Product is a new independent agency founded by a team of industry leaders to make and market products for a sustainable future. Product future-proofs businesses and brands for lasting impact, so they can succeed in the midst of ever-changing technologies, markets, and customer expectations. Capabilities span strategy, creative and technology, applied through a unique methodology that combines speed-to-market with high-quality outcomes, further optimized with machine learning and data.As we expand the agency, we're looking for new team members who are excited about the impact digital can make on both business performance and people's everyday life. We’re looking for expert practitioners who are passionate about their craft and eager to do great work that makes a difference. Entrepreneurial individuals who are eager to help build a new agency and help shape our work processes and culture are particularly welcome.
Product is seeking a Product Designer to create innovative, best-in-class products and experiences for our clients. You should have strong visual design skills, coupled with an understanding of interaction design, and be eager to apply best practices to the design process. You should know how products should look, feel, and work, and have a passion for designing stellar experiences. Candidates should be able to create strong digital design solutions, either by independently creating a solution based on strategy, or in partnership with an interaction designer who develops wireframes and detailed interaction models. We work in an environment that embraces collaboration across all disciplines, and equally important, with our clients. The Product Designer will report into Product’s head of creative, who is a Partner in the firm. Design geniuses welcome!
- Design digital experiences for world-class brands, where the work will be seen and used by large numbers of people. Innovative, elegant design that is loved by users is the goal for all our work.
- Be part of a team that creates compelling digital products and services, mobile applications, websites, ecommerce and content experiences, and digital/physical installations (in-store digital; outdoor experiential, etc.)
- Partner with clients to understand business needs and objectives
- Work closely with User Experience Designers, Product Strategists, Content Strategists, and User Researchers to formulate the appropriate user experience strategy, conduct audience research and user test designs
- Work closely with visual designers and product designers to translate your information architecture, wireframes, and schematics into high-fidelity designs
- Partner with business analysts and technologists to help create final specifications for designs so they can be technically developed
- Partner with engineers as your designs are being turned into production-ready code
- Optimize live design solutions based on analytics, to continue to improve design solutions based on real-world results.
- Stellar design skills, particularly in visual design.
- 5+ years of professional experience in user experience design, with a robust body of work that demonstrates exceptional design across a variety of products, digital experiences, and/or services
- Have a strong understanding of user-centered design principles, experience design, user behavior, interactions, and brand articulation, while being comfortable when articulating design rationale
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, and quickly growing, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills when meeting with, and presenting to, senior clients and other internal and external stakeholders
- Good presentation style and visual communication skills—you should be excited about your work and know how to spread that enthusiasm
- Experience partnering with interdisciplinary teams to create products that are both innovative and highly usable
- Have a passion, desire, and proven ability, to innovate
Product is headquartered in New York. The Company is currently a fully remote company, but may embrace a hybrid model in the future. We believe that all of our employees, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work, and we are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive experience for everyone.